Friday, November 7, 2014

Week 10 Entry

Quotable


“Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.” – Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter S. Thompson perused his career as an American author and Journalist. He was most well-known for his novel Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (1971) and for his major journalist works. The quote is self explanatory saying, if you’re going to do something, do it right. The reason why Thompson’s quote is one of my favorites is because it’s a quote my mom made reference to no matter what I was doing throughout my life. It is also something I think about whether I am at hockey practice or doing my English blog. If it’s something worth doing you do it right putting all your effort into it.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky

Well if you don’t know who Wayne Gretzky is you aren’t a true Canadian. Born in Brantford, Ontario, Gretzky was known as the best player to ever lace up the skates and he holds the majority of the National Hockey League’s (N.H.L.) records. Not only does Gretzky’s quote relate to hockey, it also relates to everyday life. In order for something to happen in life you need to take a shot at it for it to happen. Without taking that shot nothing’s going to happen. The reason I like this quote is well first of all I like Gretzky, but the quote is also motivational. Life is similar to the game of hockey; you need to shoot at your goals for them to happen.

  “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino

Og Mandino was an American author. Mandino was recognised for many books he wrote, but was most recognized for his book The Greatest Salesman in the World that sold over 50 million copies. The significance of this quote is if you’re determined enough to do something failure will not overtake your determination. Instead you will keep going until you reach the final goal. The reason I like this quote so much is because it relates to life. One of the most feared things in life is failure. If you try once and you fail do you give up? Or do you let your determination overtake that failure and try again. If you are determined enough for something to happen chances are it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment