Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 9 Entry

Flash Fiction


Robbery

Smash! The glass case crumbles; I reach my hand in grabbing whatever I can. There’s so much adrenaline running through my body I cannot feel the glass penetrating my hand as I reach in. Red blood instantly covers the snow-white display.
“Stop him!” Yells the clerk in panic. I take off.
The security guard’s chasing me down the stairs of the Avalon Mall, my heart is beating out of my chest. “AJ, AJ, come on, run faster!” Yells Steve from the entrance. I can’t catch up to him, he runs out the front door. He hops in the rusted stolen car waiting for us out front. I sprint toward the door, the getaway car right in front of me. Thump! I’m tackled to the ground by the mall security guard.
“Drop it, DROP IT,” he screams in my ear.
The diamond ring slips out of my hand and falls on the cold mall floor.
“Put your hands behind your back, anything you say can or will be used against you in the court of law.”
I keep my mouth shut. I can hear the sirens outside the mall. I’m scared. The police rush in and grab me, dragging me across the mall floor through the crowd of spectators that I have drawn. The officer grabs the cruiser door handle and tosses me in the back of the police car.

No comments:

Post a Comment