Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Final Entry


When people say the expression “Time Flies” I think it’s true. I cannot believe my first semester of University is near the end and I am (hopefully) moving on to English 1110. For someone who usually finds English dry and boring this course has been exciting and has changed my view on English courses. During high school I dreaded poetry, and knowing I had to do it again in University made me want to quit. Surprisingly, I now find it interesting as I now notice the critical elements that make a poem come to life. My favorite part of the course was by far the spoken word poetry. I never knew there was such a thing. I loved the spoken word poetry and found it hilarious, especially Dave Chappelle. The number one thing from this class that helped me develop my writing skills were the essay writing workshops. It showed me everything from strong thesis statements to proper works cited pages. These workshops not only helped me get a better mark on my essay but also developed my writing skills. Another thing that helped develop my writing skills was this blog. It was better than the journal writing that most teachers ask you to do. The blog helped me develop my writing skills, computer skills, and creativity all at the same time. I had an awesome time doing this course, with an awesome prof and I would recommend this course to anyone who is unsure about English. Well this is it, I’m sad to leave English 1080, but I’m happy to be moving on to further my education.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my blog. 
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment