Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 3 Entry


Photo 1: Let's Play Ball!

I hope nobody reading this blog post thinks that I took this photograph, considering it is over 50 years old. Honestly I have no idea who may have taken this, but it looks like it was professionally taken considering cameras weren’t popular for people to have like they are today. You might be wondering, “What’s the point of putting some old baseball team photo in his blog?” Let me explain. 

If you’re looking at the photograph to the left, the first row far right is my grandfather Rooney, (the one holding his glove up). He passed away in 1965, long before I was born. This photograph means a lot to me because it is one of the few pictures I have of my grandfather, and he’s playing sports. It’s not hard to tell the love of sports runs in my family… 



Photo 2: No Goal

This picture to the left is of me playing the sport I love, hockey. Hockey is by far my favorite sport, pastime, and hobby. My position… well I’m the goalie, the guy who stands in front of the 3x1 inch round black rubber puck. So if you’re looking at the image I’m the guy in the white jersey diving across the net. I started skating when I was three and started playing hockey when I was five and started playing goalie when I was about seven, and have played the position ever since.


Obviously I didn’t take this picture either, but JP Photography took it using a camera that was placed in a plexiglass box inside the net. Although hockey is not something I plan on making a career out of, it’s something I love to do and that is why I wanted to share it with you on my blog.

Oh, and just incase you were wondering… the puck never went in the net.









4 comments:

  1. Hi AJ! Great choice of photographs! It is incredible that you still have the photo of your grandfather playing sports. I'm not surprised at all! Athleticism surely does run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog AJ! You seem to love hockey with a passion and all your posts seem to relate to hockey in some way. I am not a hockey fan myself but I love reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey AJ! I love both these photos. Looking at that photo of your grandfathers baseball team, I can honestly imagine what it must of been like playing back then. I also play hockey, and I've seen a lot of JP Photography's sports photos, and I really like this one. You should get it framed or something! Also are you playing hockey still?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yes, I'm still playing hockey!

    ReplyDelete